Immerse Yourself in the Culture!
Student Exchange Program
Studying in Japan
Each year the Gresham-Ebetsu Sister City Association selects three students to travel to Ebetsu, Japan. Students must meet the following criteria to be accepted into the exchange program:
- Be a full-time student in good standing at Gresham High School or Reynolds High School and in their Japanese language program.
- Have the equivalent of two years of Japanese language studies.
- Be able to travel to Japan from approximately mid-June to mid-July.
- Be able to pay airfare approximately two months before departure.
If you are interested in becoming an exchange student, please download the following forms. NOTE: The forms are Word documents.
Completed applications are due by the end of February. They may be handed in to your high school Japanese language teacher or submitted online to email@example.com. Questions may also be directed to the same email address.
Hosting a Japanese Student
Each year GESCA also selects three families to host students from Ebetsu from early January until early February. Criteria include:
- Having a student at home who is studying Japanese.
- Willingness to share your home with an extra youngster who should be treated as a member of your family.
- Ability to offer a separate bed if not a separate bedroom.
If you are interested in hosting a student from Ebetsu, questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blogs about Exchange Students
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.